Copy Cat
As many of you know, a good friend of mine from Western was diagnosed with breast cancer about 2 1/2 months ago. She immediately started up a blog so that everyone could share in her journey.
I now find myself on my own journey, but I feel like a bit of a copy cat! I thought that her blog was such a great idea and a great comfort. So I am following her in her footsteps. What a great teacher she has been.
Most of you also know that I am not much of a writer...I'd rather pick up the phone and talk your ear off. So for me, I think this blog might be more about information sharing than a place where I will write "deep thoughts". I might not write everyday, but when I have something important to share, this is where you will find it.
Although this journey ahead will be a tough one, it is nice to know that I have a friend that will understand exactly how I feel...and I hope that I can provide that support for her as well.
But my number #1 co-pilot is Sean. Without him I wouldn't be able to get through this, and for that I am thankful.
I am also thankful for my family, friends and co-workers who have shown me much love and support. I feel you all around me wherever I go.
On a lighter note, I want you all to know that somehow I was chosen to go on this journey....because ultimately it WILL get me to Steven Tyler!
Love CJ
I now find myself on my own journey, but I feel like a bit of a copy cat! I thought that her blog was such a great idea and a great comfort. So I am following her in her footsteps. What a great teacher she has been.
Most of you also know that I am not much of a writer...I'd rather pick up the phone and talk your ear off. So for me, I think this blog might be more about information sharing than a place where I will write "deep thoughts". I might not write everyday, but when I have something important to share, this is where you will find it.
Although this journey ahead will be a tough one, it is nice to know that I have a friend that will understand exactly how I feel...and I hope that I can provide that support for her as well.
But my number #1 co-pilot is Sean. Without him I wouldn't be able to get through this, and for that I am thankful.
I am also thankful for my family, friends and co-workers who have shown me much love and support. I feel you all around me wherever I go.
On a lighter note, I want you all to know that somehow I was chosen to go on this journey....because ultimately it WILL get me to Steven Tyler!
Love CJ

1 Comments:
At 9:59 AM,
Kim said…
I thought it most appropriate to be the first to comment on your blog. What a privilege!
You've out done yourself again. When I said it would be nice to connect with other young breast cancer patients, I didn't want it to be one of my friends! I look forward to introducing you to the ladies at Wellspring, the piano man at the Cancer Clinic...oh the list goes on.
We're in this one together.
Your bosom buddy,
Kim
Post a Comment
<< Home