It's All About Me

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Trip Binder

I have officially started my very own trip binder. Mapquests not yet required.

I met with my family doctor today to see if I could get any answers to my questions. Unfortunately, he couldn't tell me much. However, he was surprised that I hadn't yet heard about an appointment from the surgical oncologist. Apparently, I will be seeing Dr. Jay Engel.

Sean has already done research on Dr. Engel. He is the Coordinator of the Surgical Oncology Network for the Southwest region of the province and is a resource for community surgeons who do cancer surgery. It sounds like I will be in good hands.

My mom will also be pleased to know that he went to medical school in Dublin, Ireland.

I have received a copy of the pathology report from my biopsy, which is basically filled with lots of fancy words. I'm sure Dr. Engel will be able to dumb it down for me! This initial report does indicate that the cancer appears to not have spread to my lymphatic system, which is a good piece of news.

My family doctor indicated that I will likely have to wait 10-12 days from request (April 28th) for an appointment with Dr. Engel and then perhaps another 1-2 weeks for surgery.

So hang on and bear with me. More to come as I have the info.

Love CJ

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home