Easy Bake Oven
The machine didn't breakdown today, so I got a better idea of how long each treatment will take. Basically from the time I check in until the time I am ready to leave it takes about 30 minutes. This I can handle.
Although power sunbathing is technically a no brainer compared to chemo, for some reason I seem to be more disturbed by it. As I was lying in the machine today, the thought crossed my mind - "this is what it must feel like to be in an easy bake oven."
Perhaps it is more disturbing because I am at the hospital on a daily basis, which is a constant reminder that I am recovering from breast cancer. I've long gotten over the hair reminder. I am so used to it now.
I find I'm thinking more about having cancer while they are setting me up in the machine.
Maybe my brain is finally starting to process the fact that I had breast cancer and this is something that I will have to fight (to some degree) and think about for the rest of my life. I've just been powering through the chemo and now my brain is becoming a bit clearer.
Maybe hearing about Nancy at Wellspring yesterday gave me a little dose of reality too.
I am lucky to be alive.
Love CJ
Although power sunbathing is technically a no brainer compared to chemo, for some reason I seem to be more disturbed by it. As I was lying in the machine today, the thought crossed my mind - "this is what it must feel like to be in an easy bake oven."
Perhaps it is more disturbing because I am at the hospital on a daily basis, which is a constant reminder that I am recovering from breast cancer. I've long gotten over the hair reminder. I am so used to it now.
I find I'm thinking more about having cancer while they are setting me up in the machine.
Maybe my brain is finally starting to process the fact that I had breast cancer and this is something that I will have to fight (to some degree) and think about for the rest of my life. I've just been powering through the chemo and now my brain is becoming a bit clearer.
Maybe hearing about Nancy at Wellspring yesterday gave me a little dose of reality too.
I am lucky to be alive.
Love CJ

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home