It's All About Me

Monday, November 27, 2006

Round 7 - Ding!

Today was round 7 of my chemo treatments (just one more to go). Everything was smooth sailing - we only had to wait about 10 minutes to get in.

I found out that they have dropped the Herceptin infusion time down from 1. 5 hours to 30 minutes. So that cut off an hour from the day which was great. We were home by 3:45.

Since I had a reaction to the Herceptin the first time around, when they gave me the 30 minute infusion today they still gave me the Benadryl and Hydracortisone. Next time they are going to drop the Hydracortisone and see what happens. If I don't have a reaction, then the next time they will drop the Benadryl.

They have found that even people who had a reaction to the Herceptin loading dose the first time, haven't had subsequent reactions later on, even with the 30 minute infusion. I was quite pleased with this since I have to continue the Herception until October 2007. The less time I have to spend in the chemo suite the better!

As you all know, Sean has been using his vacation time from work to take me to my chemo appointments. During our last chemo treatment in early November I turned to Sean and said "So how are you enjoying your vacation so far?" Too funny.

So this time we decided to spice up our vacation a little bit......please see photos below. We have entitled them "Wish You Weren't Here!".

Note - as Julie so aptly put it tonight on the phone...."Only you can make chemo funny!" Enjoy.

Love CJ

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home