It's All About Me

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Round 6 - Ding!

One more down and two to go!

Sean and I headed to the cancer clinic and arrived at around 8:45 a.m. We waiting about 5 minutes and then were ushered in quickly (sorry Kim).

I found out that since I had a bad reaction to the Herceptin I was to have Benedryl and Hydrocortisone ahead of the Hertceptin. Then I was to have Benedryl (again), Renitadine (Zantac) and Stemetil ahead of the Taxol. So this prolonged the process even more. I was hooked up to one of these drugs until 4:30 p.m. What a day!

I ended up sleeping for about 30 minutes in the morning. Mom and Kim came to visit me which also helped past the time. In the afternoon I slept for almost 3 hours (well dozed), likely the effect of two doses of Benedryl. Sean watched movies and didn't leave my side for most of the day. He's so awesome and my pillar of strength.

I am glad that this one is behind me. For some reason the past 3 weeks have really dragged. Perhaps it was the bad weather. But alas I am down to only two more so psychologically this is a good thing.

Sean is going to take a few pictures during the next chemo so we can share how we are spending his vacation days together. Ha, ha!

All things being equal, I'd rather be in Hawaii, Australia or Ireland. Whichever.

Love CJ

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home