It's All About Me

Monday, October 16, 2006

Round 5B - Ding!

We got back from the hospital around 3:45 p.m. and I am happy to say that things went well.

We arrived at 9:45 and they called us in at 10:00 and everything got started.

From now on before each infusion of both Herceptin and Taxol I will get three drugs by IV. Benadryl, Renitadine (Zantac) and Stemetil. Prior to that at 12 and 6 hours before the infusion (starting on Sunday) I take 5 dexemethosone at each time.

Dexemethosone is prescribed to stop any potential allergic reactions to the drugs given.

Benedryl and Renitadine are also given to stop any potential allergic reactions. This time the Benedryl was not quite so potent going it as the IV drip was over about 20 minutes. I still was completely doped up and slept for 1.5 hours, but the immediate effect wasn't as bad as Friday.

Stemetil is given to avoid any potential nausea or vomitting - which again could be a reaction to the Taxol during the infusion.

Today was just the Taxol infusion and it lasted from 10 am to about 3:15 p.m. and then I was free to go. Next time they will give me the Herceptin and Taxol together on the same day. Since there is about a 30 minute wait between the drugs and then a 1.5 hour infusion time for Herceptin it will end up being an 7.5 - 8 hour day for the last 3 rounds.

Needless to say I am tired of lying around....but feeling pretty good otherwise.

Now we wait until around Wednesday to see what side effects will come from the Taxol infusion.

So that's it. 3 more to go.

Thanks again for all of your well wishes, comments and e-mails. Every little bit helps.

Love CJ

1 Comments:

  • At 1:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am glad this time it went better!! We will just call you the drug lady!! Love Momj

     

Post a Comment

<< Home