Round Four - Ding!
It's official. I am half way done my chemo treatments. Today was the last treatment for the A/C drugs. My next round of drugs will include the chemo drug Taxol and the hormone therapy Herceptin (Herceptin will continue for one year by IV).
Today was an interesting day for sure. I finally got a date to have my portacath put in. They chose Monday, September 25th. Ah, not happening, as that is my worst day after chemo. So they rescheduled it for Friday, September 29th. I am glad that they are putting it in though. My veins are starting to rebel from being picked at so much!
Next I found out that my doctor no longer has clinics on Thursdays (she is expecting and due in November). This means that when I start my next round of drugs (one on each day for the first time to see if I have any reactions) I will have to have the Herceptin on Friday and the Taxol on the following Monday. For the last 3 rounds I will have to go in on the Friday to have my bloodwork done and meet with the doctor and then go back on Monday for the Herceptin and Taxol together (which takes about 8 hours). Me being me, I immediately burst into tears. I felt like such an idiot. But I guess I had this schedule set in my mind and have made plans accordingly around all of these treatments and wham it all gets changed. The poor girl at the desk must have thought that I was such a dolt.
At any rate, the big issue was the Elton John concert. As I was expecting to have chemo on Friday, November 3rd, I knew that I would be free for the concert on the 6th. With this new schedule I would be having chemo on the 6th. So for this particular session I will go in on November 3rd for my bloodwork and doctor's appointment and have my chemo on the Tuesday. They are so accommodating at the cancer clinic.
I'm still a bit emotional about all of the changes. I'm tired and I just want this all to be over.
Cancer sucks, man!
Oh well, onward and upward, right?
Love CJ
Today was an interesting day for sure. I finally got a date to have my portacath put in. They chose Monday, September 25th. Ah, not happening, as that is my worst day after chemo. So they rescheduled it for Friday, September 29th. I am glad that they are putting it in though. My veins are starting to rebel from being picked at so much!
Next I found out that my doctor no longer has clinics on Thursdays (she is expecting and due in November). This means that when I start my next round of drugs (one on each day for the first time to see if I have any reactions) I will have to have the Herceptin on Friday and the Taxol on the following Monday. For the last 3 rounds I will have to go in on the Friday to have my bloodwork done and meet with the doctor and then go back on Monday for the Herceptin and Taxol together (which takes about 8 hours). Me being me, I immediately burst into tears. I felt like such an idiot. But I guess I had this schedule set in my mind and have made plans accordingly around all of these treatments and wham it all gets changed. The poor girl at the desk must have thought that I was such a dolt.
At any rate, the big issue was the Elton John concert. As I was expecting to have chemo on Friday, November 3rd, I knew that I would be free for the concert on the 6th. With this new schedule I would be having chemo on the 6th. So for this particular session I will go in on November 3rd for my bloodwork and doctor's appointment and have my chemo on the Tuesday. They are so accommodating at the cancer clinic.
I'm still a bit emotional about all of the changes. I'm tired and I just want this all to be over.
Cancer sucks, man!
Oh well, onward and upward, right?
Love CJ

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home