It's All About Me

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Therapeutic Touch

I went to Wellspring today to take part in a Therapeutic Touch session.

"Therapeutic Touch is a method in which hands are used to "direct human energies to help or heal someone who is ill". Proponents claim that the patient's "energy field" can be detected and intentionally manipulated by the therapist. They theorize that healing results from a transfer of "excess energy" from healer to patient."

Sounds like I know what I'm talking about, but I just copied this off of a website. Oops!

At any rate, all I did was lie on my back on a massage table while Ellen worked her magic. There was only light touching of my shoulders, arms, hands, legs and feet. The session lasted about 20 minutes (including relaxing music in the background) and then she left me to relax on my own for another 15 minutes.

I must say that I didn't really know what to expect going in, but it was very soothing. I would highly recommend it.

Earlier this week my Auntie Beryl from Victoria and my cousin Little Maddy from Ottawa were here in London for a visit. We had them and Mom over for a BBQ on Sunday. It was so nice to see them and spend time with family. A big thank you to them for all of their support from their different locales.

I'm feeling better every day as I move toward my next chemo session on September 1st.

Love CJ

1 Comments:

  • At 9:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Will you do that to me?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home