It's All About Me

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Cross Your Fingers

Today Mom and I met with my radiology oncologist, Dr. Perera. It was just a brief visit to outline the treatment which will likely start about 3 weeks after my last chemo session (likely sometime in early January). He confirmed that the treatment would last for 6.5 weeks.

He took a moment to do a quick examination. He felt something at the surgery site, approximately 1.1 cm in size. Dr. Perea indicated that it could be fluid or perhaps scar tissue. He said that this is common, but he would like to do an ultrasound just to be sure.

The last time I was examined was June 29th by Dr. Engel and he didn't feel anything at the time. So logic tells me that likely it isn't more cancer since that examination was only 6 weeks ago.

But I still have this horrible sick feeling in my stomach. I just can't help it. I guess that's natural.

So cross your fingers everyone.....that it's nothing.

Likely the ultrasound will be scheduled the week of August 21st. Stay tuned.

Love CJ

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home