It's All About Me

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Where Did the Cottage Go?

The trip to the cottage was exactly what our little family needed. A nice little getaway from everything.

We headed up to the cottage on the Monday morning, mini-van filled to the brim. Sydney travels very well in the car so that is a good thing. However, even at two years old she had her own version of "are we there yet?". All we heard for 5 hours in the car was, "I'm going swimming at the cottage."

Little miss Sydney had a bit of a one track mind that day. We arrived at the cottage at 4 and of course she immediately wanted to go swimming. I explained to her that we first had to unpack the van and get some dinner going. She could go swimming after dinner.

We got everything organized and dinner on the go. I placed Sydney's dinner in front of her and she said "I'm going swimming at the cottage." I explained again that she could go after dinner. She informed me that she was finished dinner (not touching a bite) and she was ready to swim. Man, is this child persistent or what? I have NO idea who she gets that from!

So into the water she went. We took her down to the little beach and plopped her onto the sand. I asked her if she wanted to try going into the water. Sydney ran full force (with no life jacket on) into the water, fell flat on her face, went under and popped up laughing. Sydney, the waterbaby had been born (and Mommy almost had a heart attack).

You can imagine what the rest of the week was like. Most of it was spent down at the beach in the water.

It was a great week to be at the cottage because all of Sean's cousins and their children were also there. I haven't seen that many children down at the beach in a long time. Sydney had lots of fun with Broen, Ezra and Pheonix.

Dawn, Nicole and Christopher came up for a 2-day visit as well. Fun was had by all!

Coming home from the cottage is always a bummer, a little rush of reality hits. But it was so much fun.

On Monday morning, Sydney woke up and said "Where did the cottage go?" Apparently she had forgotten we had come home. Poor kid. A little dose of reality for her as well.

Upon our return, I discovered several appointments that had been confirmed and some I had to make myself. Thursday morning I am off to the hospital for an abdominal ultrasound (again to double check the cancer hasn't spread to any of my internal organs). In the afternoon I am meeting with HR at work to get the paper work going for long-term disability benefits and at 11:00 a.m. on Friday I have my first chemo treatment.

So here we go......

Thanks for hanging in with me!

Love CJ

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home