Tetanus Shot
This weekend was pretty quiet, just hanging out with the family…until I went into the shed.
Sean and Sydney were in the backyard playing in her kiddie pool and I ventured into the shed to get the umbrella out to put up for some shade over the pool. In order to reach the umbrella in the back corner I put my hand on the back on the shed and directly into a nail. Yowsa! Of course, hysteria then set it.
After having any of your axillary (armpit) lymph nodes removed, you are more at risk if you get an infection of any kind. Hence, my hysterical reaction to the nail going into my hand. Normally I just would have put on a band-aid and gone to the doctor the next day for a tetanus shot.
So I rushed down to Urgent Care (I was on the only one in the waiting room) and they took care of me right away. I was given a special antibiotic cream that I have to put on three times a day for 10 days. This will ward off any potential infection. Then I got the good old tetanus shot.
You'll be happy to know that this shot also inoculates me for whooping cough. So take that one off the list of things I can get now.
Ah, the fun never ends.
Love CJ
Sean and Sydney were in the backyard playing in her kiddie pool and I ventured into the shed to get the umbrella out to put up for some shade over the pool. In order to reach the umbrella in the back corner I put my hand on the back on the shed and directly into a nail. Yowsa! Of course, hysteria then set it.
After having any of your axillary (armpit) lymph nodes removed, you are more at risk if you get an infection of any kind. Hence, my hysterical reaction to the nail going into my hand. Normally I just would have put on a band-aid and gone to the doctor the next day for a tetanus shot.
So I rushed down to Urgent Care (I was on the only one in the waiting room) and they took care of me right away. I was given a special antibiotic cream that I have to put on three times a day for 10 days. This will ward off any potential infection. Then I got the good old tetanus shot.
You'll be happy to know that this shot also inoculates me for whooping cough. So take that one off the list of things I can get now.
Ah, the fun never ends.
Love CJ

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home