It's All About Me

Friday, June 09, 2006

Let 'R Rip!

Yesterday I had my drain removed. Whoo hoo! I was below the 30 ml in drainage yesterday afternoon, so the VON nurse came back and removed it so I wouldn't have to sleep with it one more night.

I was a bit nervous about having it removed. It's kinda like being pregnant. When it actually comes close to the time when you know the baby's gotta come out, you think "no, that's okay, we'll just keep it in there". I was having similar feelings about the drain.

I remembered Kim's vivid explanation of her having her squeeze box removed. "It's like having 100 ft. of garden hose removed from your armpit." Not a pretty picture. (Note that Kim was hoping I had forgotten about this).

But alas, it was okay. It turns out that my drain wasn't lodged too far under the armpit. Another, whoo hoo!

So now I am to let the two incisions continue to heal (one from the tumour removal and one from the lymph node removal) and the hole from the drain to seal up.

Step one complete.

Love CJ

1 Comments:

  • At 10:52 AM, Blogger Victoria Martin said…

    LOL at the "nah, we'll just leave it in" comment, that's exactly how I felt when my drain was due to come out! Glad it wasn't as icky as you were anticipating!

    Hope you feel as well as you "sound"!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home