Home
All went according to plan today. Surgery started promptly at 9:30 a.m. and I was home by 3:30 p.m.
Dr. Engel indicated that the surgery went well and the tumour was localized, which is good news. He didn't have to take all of the lymph nodes. I will get more details on everything when I meet with him again in 2 weeks. Date yet to be set.
When I woke up from the anaesthetic I had an oxygen mask on my face, and all I kept repeating was Pookie. The poor nurse. In my haze, it suddenly dawned on me that she had no idea who Pookie was and that I wanted to see my husband. They let Pookie come into the recovery room, which is not normally done. I guess I was in a state.
At least I wasn't asking for Steven Tyler....THAT would have really thrown everyone.
Thanks again for everyone's well wishes.
Love CJ
Dr. Engel indicated that the surgery went well and the tumour was localized, which is good news. He didn't have to take all of the lymph nodes. I will get more details on everything when I meet with him again in 2 weeks. Date yet to be set.
When I woke up from the anaesthetic I had an oxygen mask on my face, and all I kept repeating was Pookie. The poor nurse. In my haze, it suddenly dawned on me that she had no idea who Pookie was and that I wanted to see my husband. They let Pookie come into the recovery room, which is not normally done. I guess I was in a state.
At least I wasn't asking for Steven Tyler....THAT would have really thrown everyone.
Thanks again for everyone's well wishes.
Love CJ

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home