It's All About Me

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Booboo in My Boobie

I think I have decided that I could actually handle being off work for good. I kinda like hanging out, puttering around the house, doing errands. The last three days have just flown by.

Sydney is staying at Grandma and Grandad's tonight since we have to be at the hospital at 7:00 a.m. tomorrow morning. Sydney knows that Mommy is going to the doctor to get the booboo in her boobie fixed. She also knows that I won't be able to pick her up for awhile, so she is adamant that my booboo is also in my arm. So I'm just going with that. Sydney seems comfortable with the explanation that we have given her so far.

Nana will pick her up from daycare on Thursday evening and by that time we'll all be back from the hospital. A nice neat little package.

After I get to the hospital tomorrow morning, I will be having an ultrasound at 7:40 a.m. so they can locate the tumour exactly and insert a small thin needle that will be used to inject dye during the surgery. The dye will outline the tumour and the "hotspots" in my lymph nodes. With this procedure, they might not need to take out all of the lymph nodes, perhaps just the ones they are concerned about.

The day surgery is scheduled for 9:30 a.m. for 2 hours. After that I will be in recovery for about 1 hour and then back into day surgery to be monitored for 1-2 hours to check on my vitals and make sure all is in working order. I will likely be home around 3:00 p.m.

Thanks to everyone for their thoughts and prayers over these last few weeks and for the many phone calls and e-mails I have received this week.

Also a big thank you to the "entourage" that will be at the hospital tomorrow to support both myself and Sean. It is most appreciated.

Love CJ

5 Comments:

  • At 1:55 PM, Blogger RSvilpa said…

    We may not be able to be there in the entourage in person but know that we're all there in spirit and keeping you in our prayers. I know for sure that the booboo ("doh doy" as Thomas would call it) will be gone and Sydney wont let you go a single minute without picking her up after waiting patiently for the booboo to be better.

     
  • At 8:35 PM, Blogger Kim said…

    Colleen,

    As I write, I hope you and Sean are enjoying a great night out...it is well deserved. I'll certainly be thinking of you tomorrow and sending good vibes. Thanks so much for taking the time to visit today.

    See you soon,
    Kim

     
  • At 9:58 AM, Blogger Victoria Martin said…

    Sending positive vibes as you go through the surgery right now - loads of prayers & heal-quickly vibes!

     
  • At 11:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! » »

     
  • At 2:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP » » »

     

Post a Comment

<< Home