Hanging In
Just a quick update to let everyone know that things are going fine.
I am a bit slow moving from the "squeeze box", as Kim would call it. So far Sydney hasn't even noticed.
Today's drainage was the same as yesterday, so I think I will have this lovely attachment for longer than I would like. The drainage has to be less than 30 ml...and I'm at 75 ml.
VON was here yesterday to check on my dressings. All looks good. They'll be back on Monday to check again.
At this point, my follow-up appointment has been scheduled for June 30th. Dr. Engel's assistant indicated that the pathology report wouldn't be back within 2 weeks, even though that's what the nurses told me and what Dr. Engel told Sean after the surgery. I'm going to call again on Monday and see what I can do to get this appointment moved up.
Mom asked Dr. Engel when I would be starting chemo and he told her in about 5-6 weeks. So I think I need to get in to see him myself so I can get the story straight. A tad frustrating.
I have been having a couple of naps a day. Recovering from this surgery business is exhausting. Who knew?
Off to bed shortly. Nighty-night.
Love CJ
I am a bit slow moving from the "squeeze box", as Kim would call it. So far Sydney hasn't even noticed.
Today's drainage was the same as yesterday, so I think I will have this lovely attachment for longer than I would like. The drainage has to be less than 30 ml...and I'm at 75 ml.
VON was here yesterday to check on my dressings. All looks good. They'll be back on Monday to check again.
At this point, my follow-up appointment has been scheduled for June 30th. Dr. Engel's assistant indicated that the pathology report wouldn't be back within 2 weeks, even though that's what the nurses told me and what Dr. Engel told Sean after the surgery. I'm going to call again on Monday and see what I can do to get this appointment moved up.
Mom asked Dr. Engel when I would be starting chemo and he told her in about 5-6 weeks. So I think I need to get in to see him myself so I can get the story straight. A tad frustrating.
I have been having a couple of naps a day. Recovering from this surgery business is exhausting. Who knew?
Off to bed shortly. Nighty-night.
Love CJ

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home