You Can Cry if You Want To
Today was our second session with the breast cancer support group at Wellspring.
I am happy to report that this session was much more informative than the last. Although, I wasn't sure it was going to be that way at the very beginning.
Of course, I was prepared for the lighting of the candle, as our facilitator indicated last week that she begins each session this way. I was unprepared when she asked us to sit back and listen to a song. At this point, I am thinking once again....this isn't going to be for me.
So the song begins...very nice, rhythmic drumming, no words yet (no it was not Aerosmith).....then the woman starts to sing "cry if you want to". Yadda, yadda, yadda. Again, I was sitting beside Kim on the couch not looking at her at all.
Well I made it through the song and was hoping that would be the end of the touchy feely bit. And it was. Today, we were just asked to share our stories about being diagnosed and our experiences during that time. It was very interesting to hear each person's story. Some had similar elements to mine and others quite different.
I guess there will be certain things about the group that aren't my style, but ultimately if they continue to be informative and helpful, I will continue to attend.
Earlier this week I enjoyed my first shower in 11 days. It was a beautiful thing!
Love CJ
I am happy to report that this session was much more informative than the last. Although, I wasn't sure it was going to be that way at the very beginning.
Of course, I was prepared for the lighting of the candle, as our facilitator indicated last week that she begins each session this way. I was unprepared when she asked us to sit back and listen to a song. At this point, I am thinking once again....this isn't going to be for me.
So the song begins...very nice, rhythmic drumming, no words yet (no it was not Aerosmith).....then the woman starts to sing "cry if you want to". Yadda, yadda, yadda. Again, I was sitting beside Kim on the couch not looking at her at all.
Well I made it through the song and was hoping that would be the end of the touchy feely bit. And it was. Today, we were just asked to share our stories about being diagnosed and our experiences during that time. It was very interesting to hear each person's story. Some had similar elements to mine and others quite different.
I guess there will be certain things about the group that aren't my style, but ultimately if they continue to be informative and helpful, I will continue to attend.
Earlier this week I enjoyed my first shower in 11 days. It was a beautiful thing!
Love CJ

1 Comments:
At 9:43 PM,
Kim said…
Perhaps you can find a good Aerosmith CD to bring next week. :)
Kim
Post a Comment
<< Home