It's All About Me

Thursday, July 20, 2006

To My Room 16 Buddies

I thought today was going to be just a regular day. Off to the hospital at 7:30 a.m. (ugh) for the stomach ultrasound, lunch with my UWO peeps, a meeting with HR and then off to pick up Sydney.

But this morning when I woke up I wasn't feeling the best, feeling a bit queasy (the popcorn from the movie last night started it) and completely exhausted. But off to the hospital I went, came home watched Rockstar and then had a nap.

I woke up still feeling a bit off, but knew that I needed to get to UWO to see my peeps for lunch.

In enters my Alumni Hall Room 16 buddies. Julie told me that they wanted me to stop by to say hello after lunch. Well, it was more than a hello. My buddies surprised me with a lovely card, 3 monthly parking passes for the hospital and some Tim Horton's gift certificates for whoever escorts me to chemo for each treatment. What a thoughtful gesture.

Needless to say I was completed overwhelmed. I think they secretly wanted to see if they could make me cry (tee hee). And yes, yes they did.

So I want to send a big thank you out to all of them....Marcia, Natalie, Heather, Carrie, Christina, Nicole, Carolyn, Susan R., Susan H., Sonia, Julie, Kim M., Matoula and Kathryn. I am so fortunate to have each you in my life.

Even though I wasn't feeling the best, they really raised my spirits.

To top off the day I came home to a clean house. A few of my former UWO colleagues (Kevin, Denise & Josh) have made arrangements for a house keeper to come once a month until my treatments are over. It was such a relief to know that the house had been cleaned before I start this rollercoaster ride. One less thing on my to do list (yes, I still have one).

I believe that things happen for a reason and I often wonder why I got cancer. Yeah, cancer sucks, but this experience has made me realize that I have so many people around me that care. It is very humbling.

Thanks again to you all.

Love CJ

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home