It's All About Me

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Nausea

Today's word of the day is nausea.

A few of the side effects have reared their ugly heads, namely nausea and a sort throat. The nausea is similar to how I felt when I was pregnant with Sydney. I need to eat a little bit, often, to feel better. The morning seems to be the most difficult. It's only 8:00 a.m. and I'm already thinking about going back to bed! Oh yeah, let's throw in a bit of a fatigue too.

I felt mostly normal on the weekend. Back in February, before my diagnosis, we had planned on going to the Pinery for a few days of camping with Mike & Janine and Don & Allison and the kids starting this past Sunday.

Since we didn't know how I was going to be feeling and Sean has to use his holidays to take me to my chemo appointments we had to cancel our portion of the trip. But we did manage to make it to the Pinery for the afternoon on the Sunday. The kids had a blast. At least we got one good day in before my stomach started to turn sour.

At this point, I am hoping to manage the nausea with the drugs I've been given and with a balanced diet. I cannot afford to gain too much weight or that will just be another hurdle I will have to cross at the end of all of this.

One day at a time.

Love CJ

1 Comments:

  • At 9:10 AM, Blogger Kim said…

    Welcome to the wonderful world of chemo! Good news is that by the weekend the fatigue will have subsided. As for the possible weight gain, as many people have drilled into me, give your body the food it needs to help repair itself; worry about the few extra pounds when it's all over. Perhaps we will have to start a lunch time walking group when we return.

    All the best,
    Kim

     

Post a Comment

<< Home