It's All About Me

Friday, July 21, 2006

Chemo #1 - Check

I am happy to report that chemo #1 has been completed.

Sean and I arrived at the chemo suite at 11:00 a.m. this morning. Since they had already taken my blood the last time I was in, I didn't have to get that done first. After waiting for 2 hours, I sent my heavy (Sean) up to the desk to ask when we might get things started.

Of course, I was next. Apparently there was some mix up and the pharmacy hadn't yet sent my drugs over.

My nurse of the day, Myra, was awesome. She explained what was going to happen and in what order and reviewed some of the immediate side effects. I got set up in my cozy recliner chair with a warm blanket and she hooked me up.

The first drug was administered by Myra by needle through the IV, which took about 15 minutes. That one immediately gave me a metallic taste in my mouth, which I still have. The second drug was administered by IV drip, which took about 45 minutes or so.

So we turned on the DVD player and popped in my all time favourite comedy, Tommy Boy, which helped pass the time.

The pharmacy provided me with the anti-nausea drugs that I am to continue to take for the next few days. We were pretty much done by 3:15 p.m.

We came home, Sean went back to work and Mom arrived home with Sydney. We went over to the mall for a little bit and then to Wendy's for dinner (our usual spot on Fridays).

So the waiting game begins to see what type of side effects I will get and to ultimately see when I will lose my hair. Man, that one is really gonna suck. Oh well, what can you do? At least Sean and I will look very cute together!

Love CJ

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home