It's All About Me

Friday, August 11, 2006

Home

When we went to the hospital today, we were fully expecting to wait as usual. And of course, the unusual happened.

We arrived at 8:50 a.m. and I had my blood test taken right away.

Then over to Clinic 2 to wait and meet with Dr. Potvin. I was called in at about 9:10 a.m. (early) to meet with the nurse first and then Dr. Potvin. All my counts were good (yes, Kim I got a copy of the reports), so I was all set to go.

I asked Dr. Potvin her opinion about the lump at the surgery site and she agreed with Dr. Perera. It is quite common to have lumpiness at the surgery site, and it is likely just fluid. But, of course, they need to check to be sure. She is not concerned in the least that this could be cancer again so soon. It was so good to get a second opinion!

We got out of that appointment about 9:35 a.m., fully expecting to wait until at least my 11:00 a.m. time slot for chemo. Then they called me in at 10:20 a.m.!

Out by 11:50 and home by 12:15.

So round two is done. Off for a loooooong nap now.

Love CJ

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home