Cottage
I just realized that it's been a week since I've posted anything. Yes, I'm fine and doing okay!
Last week was a bit rougher. It seems to take longer each time to recover. The newest side effect is heartburn. Lots of fun!
This past weekend, we headed to the cottage for an "adults only" weekend. We arrived at 3 p.m. on Friday to a peaceful, child free cottage. A little piece of heaven. It's not that we don't love our children, it's just nice to have a bit of a break.
We travelled up in the minivan with Don and Allison and observed that the closer we got to the cottage, the lower our maturity level. By the time we got to the cottage, I think we were about 12 years old....and acting like it.
Ally was in the backseat, telling a story about Liam and the stuff he knows about birds - mainly the Blue Footed Booby. She is telling this story in all seriousness and upon finishing, Sean says sheepishly "You said booby, hee, hee, hee". We all cracked up. Yip, yip, yip! Okay, maybe you had to be there, but WE thought it was hilarious.
Today, I was at Wellspring for my first Reiki treatment. Reiki is a Japanese technique for stress reduction that also promotes healing. It is administered by "laying on hands" and is based on the idea than an unseeen "life force energy" flows through us and causes us to be alive. If one's "life force energy" is low, then we are more likely to get sick or feel stress, and if it is high, we are more capable of being happy and healthy. Again, it sounds like I know what I'm taking about, but I just copied this off of a website (like therapeutic touch).
Anyhoo, Reiki is performed by a team of people (3 in my case). It is different from therapeutic touch as there is more physical contact. More "laying on of the hands". It was a very weird feeling to have three people surround me, just holding their hands on me. This is definitely not for someone who has any kind of claustrophobia (Sue, do NOT try this). First, they work on your front and then your back.
I'm not too sure how I feel about it yet. It was such an odd sensation. But on the other hand, it was very relaxing.
Maybe I'd enjoy Reiki......performed by Steven Tyler, Joe Perry and Tommy Lee. I'll see what I can work out for October 11th in Detroit. Hmmmm......
Well, that's it for now.
Love CJ
Last week was a bit rougher. It seems to take longer each time to recover. The newest side effect is heartburn. Lots of fun!
This past weekend, we headed to the cottage for an "adults only" weekend. We arrived at 3 p.m. on Friday to a peaceful, child free cottage. A little piece of heaven. It's not that we don't love our children, it's just nice to have a bit of a break.
We travelled up in the minivan with Don and Allison and observed that the closer we got to the cottage, the lower our maturity level. By the time we got to the cottage, I think we were about 12 years old....and acting like it.
Ally was in the backseat, telling a story about Liam and the stuff he knows about birds - mainly the Blue Footed Booby. She is telling this story in all seriousness and upon finishing, Sean says sheepishly "You said booby, hee, hee, hee". We all cracked up. Yip, yip, yip! Okay, maybe you had to be there, but WE thought it was hilarious.
Today, I was at Wellspring for my first Reiki treatment. Reiki is a Japanese technique for stress reduction that also promotes healing. It is administered by "laying on hands" and is based on the idea than an unseeen "life force energy" flows through us and causes us to be alive. If one's "life force energy" is low, then we are more likely to get sick or feel stress, and if it is high, we are more capable of being happy and healthy. Again, it sounds like I know what I'm taking about, but I just copied this off of a website (like therapeutic touch).
Anyhoo, Reiki is performed by a team of people (3 in my case). It is different from therapeutic touch as there is more physical contact. More "laying on of the hands". It was a very weird feeling to have three people surround me, just holding their hands on me. This is definitely not for someone who has any kind of claustrophobia (Sue, do NOT try this). First, they work on your front and then your back.
I'm not too sure how I feel about it yet. It was such an odd sensation. But on the other hand, it was very relaxing.
Maybe I'd enjoy Reiki......performed by Steven Tyler, Joe Perry and Tommy Lee. I'll see what I can work out for October 11th in Detroit. Hmmmm......
Well, that's it for now.
Love CJ

1 Comments:
At 4:36 PM,
Anonymous said…
Where do I sign up for Steven Tyler, Joe Perry and Gilby Clark reiki? Although 'Tommy Lee Reiki' sounds like a damn good marketable product!
rosie - age 10
Post a Comment
<< Home