It's All About Me

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Long Weekend

This is the first time that I have had a chemo session the Friday before a long weekend.

I have been finding that the fatigue is setting in earlier in the weekend instead of waiting for Monday to hit. It's not too bad, but it starts gradually.

Usually by the time Monday comes along, Sean and I get Sydney off to school and him off to work and then I'm back in bed for three hours. Surprise - Monday's a holiday and everyone is home.

So Sean kindly took Sydney to visit Mike, Janine, Keaton and Terran in Ilderton at around 10:00 a.m. to give me a chance to get some rest. It worked out really well. Thanks!

Kim held her Pink Party on Saturday, though, and we weren't about to miss out on that! After naps in the afternoon we headed out to help Kim celebrate her accomplishments and the fact that her last chemo will be this upcoming Friday. Whoo hoo!

Kim and I thought we'd better get a photo of our chemo hairdo's before hers grows out! Thanks for taking the photo, Carla.

Kim and I have both continually said that it's oddly comforting to have a close friend to go through this cancer experience with.

But Kim has been my inspiration and my guide. Afterall, I am the copycat here!

Thanks, Kim. You're the best.

Love CJ

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home