Some New Drugs
Today I had an unexpected little trip to the cancer clinic. My temperature went up to just over 100, so that means it's time to call the oncologist (Sydney had a fever for a couple of days and was feeling under the weather so you never know what I may have picked up).
I called into the cancer clinic and told them that I had had this fever for a couple of hours, but no other symptoms. Dr. Potvin decided that I should come in for some blood tests since it had been about 12 days since my last chemo and this is when my white blood cell level would be low.
So off I went. They took me in immediately and did some blood tests. My neutrophils (white blood cells) were low as expected. So given the slightly elevated temperature Dr. Potvin decided to give me a dose of antibiotics for 7 days just to be sure.
My temp now is around 99.5 and I still don't have any other symptoms which is good. If my temp goes up or I get the chills, flu, etc., then I'll have to go back and be admitted. But at this point, this isn't something that she expects. As long as I am a good girl and take my drugs then I should be fine.
Time for some rest.
Good night all!
Love CJ
I called into the cancer clinic and told them that I had had this fever for a couple of hours, but no other symptoms. Dr. Potvin decided that I should come in for some blood tests since it had been about 12 days since my last chemo and this is when my white blood cell level would be low.
So off I went. They took me in immediately and did some blood tests. My neutrophils (white blood cells) were low as expected. So given the slightly elevated temperature Dr. Potvin decided to give me a dose of antibiotics for 7 days just to be sure.
My temp now is around 99.5 and I still don't have any other symptoms which is good. If my temp goes up or I get the chills, flu, etc., then I'll have to go back and be admitted. But at this point, this isn't something that she expects. As long as I am a good girl and take my drugs then I should be fine.
Time for some rest.
Good night all!
Love CJ

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home