Gee Whiz That Hurt!
I went to see my family doctor today to have the dressing removed from the port-a-cath surgery.
Let's just say that I didn't really say "Gee Whiz That Hurt!". I can't believe how painful it was. It was much worse than having my drain removed after the breast cancer surgery.
My doctor just took a hold of the bandage and ripped it off, including the steri strips which I thought were supposed to fall off on their own. Yikes!
I had already taken a tylenol 3 just prior to the appointment in anticipation of some discomfort. But it was so painful (and still is) that it didn't help much at all. Dr. Warsh told me to go home and take 2 more tylenol 3 and lie down.
Well since I had lunch plans I wasn't going to miss out on, I went home took 2 more tylenol 3, lay down for 30 minutes, went for lunch and had a glass of wine. Same thing right? I thought perhaps a little bit of self medication would help.
So I think I will continue with the tylenol for a day or so until it starts to feel a bit better. I'm wondering if the bandage was actually providing some sort of support to the wound.
I dunno - but that smarts!
Happy Thanksgiving everyone.
Love CJ
Let's just say that I didn't really say "Gee Whiz That Hurt!". I can't believe how painful it was. It was much worse than having my drain removed after the breast cancer surgery.
My doctor just took a hold of the bandage and ripped it off, including the steri strips which I thought were supposed to fall off on their own. Yikes!
I had already taken a tylenol 3 just prior to the appointment in anticipation of some discomfort. But it was so painful (and still is) that it didn't help much at all. Dr. Warsh told me to go home and take 2 more tylenol 3 and lie down.
Well since I had lunch plans I wasn't going to miss out on, I went home took 2 more tylenol 3, lay down for 30 minutes, went for lunch and had a glass of wine. Same thing right? I thought perhaps a little bit of self medication would help.
So I think I will continue with the tylenol for a day or so until it starts to feel a bit better. I'm wondering if the bandage was actually providing some sort of support to the wound.
I dunno - but that smarts!
Happy Thanksgiving everyone.
Love CJ

2 Comments:
At 12:03 PM,
Anonymous said…
As one member of your "lunch plans", I do hope the tylenol (and glass of wine) helped. It was great to see you as always.
Hope you are feeling better soon. Rest. Eat turkey. Laugh.
Happy Thanksgiving
Carla
At 4:49 AM,
Anonymous said…
Hello darling...
Thinking about you often from the land down under and it's good to check in and hear your positive attitude continuing despite have some frustrating days. All the best and happy thanksgiving to you, Pook and Sydney (where I am going for Christmas).
Big hug - John K
Post a Comment
<< Home