Radiation
Today's appointment was with radiation therapy. The radiation technicians ran a simulation of my radiation that will start next week. Basically they had me lie under the radiation machine and checked that my tattoos were all still there and that they could line everything up correctly in the machine.
My radiation starts next Tuesday (January 9th) at 1:00 p.m. At that point, I will receive the next week's appointments. Every Friday I will meet with my radiation doctor (Dr. Perera) for a follow-up. I am still unsure of exactly how many sessions I will be having, but I will be able to confirm everything next week.
After my appointment I headed up to the paediatric wing of the hospital to visit my good buddy Keaton.
New Year's Eve came in with a bang this year, but not the one we were expecting. Sean and I arrived at Mike and Janine's to celebrate New Year's only to discover that Mike was about to take Keaton to the hospital with what he suspected was appendicitis. Sure enough, we received a call a few hours later, with Mike saying that Keaton was going to have an appendectomy at some point that night. Luckily Sean, Sydney and I were scheduled to stay overnight at the Grays so we babysat Sydney and Terran (who were already in bed) and Janine headed up to the hospital.
Long story short, Keaton is just fine. His appendix didn't burst, it was removed in time, and he is on the mend.
But I tell ya, seeing a little 4 year old (okay almost 5) hooked up to an IV, in a lot of pain, really tears your heart out. But he is a trooper and has been such a brave boy.
Kudos to Mike and Janine for holding it together so well.
We love you Keaton!
Love CJ
My radiation starts next Tuesday (January 9th) at 1:00 p.m. At that point, I will receive the next week's appointments. Every Friday I will meet with my radiation doctor (Dr. Perera) for a follow-up. I am still unsure of exactly how many sessions I will be having, but I will be able to confirm everything next week.
After my appointment I headed up to the paediatric wing of the hospital to visit my good buddy Keaton.
New Year's Eve came in with a bang this year, but not the one we were expecting. Sean and I arrived at Mike and Janine's to celebrate New Year's only to discover that Mike was about to take Keaton to the hospital with what he suspected was appendicitis. Sure enough, we received a call a few hours later, with Mike saying that Keaton was going to have an appendectomy at some point that night. Luckily Sean, Sydney and I were scheduled to stay overnight at the Grays so we babysat Sydney and Terran (who were already in bed) and Janine headed up to the hospital.
Long story short, Keaton is just fine. His appendix didn't burst, it was removed in time, and he is on the mend.
But I tell ya, seeing a little 4 year old (okay almost 5) hooked up to an IV, in a lot of pain, really tears your heart out. But he is a trooper and has been such a brave boy.
Kudos to Mike and Janine for holding it together so well.
We love you Keaton!
Love CJ

1 Comments:
At 6:39 AM,
Anonymous said…
Good words.
Post a Comment
<< Home