5 More to Go!
Today marked #25 of 30 power sunbathing treatments.
The last 5 are "boosts", which means that the radiation will only focus on the surgery site. This provides some additional "zapping" where the tumour used to be.
My skin is quite tender, so I will be happy when this is all over. However, the radiation will continue to do it's work even after the treatments have stopped. I am not sure how long after the radiation that I need to continue all of the special "rules" for taking care of my skin, but I will ask the doctor on Friday. Overall, things have gone quite smoothly.
Next are some weeks of rest to allow my body to recover from everything that it's been through. Right now I do tire very easily. I am hoping that the fatigue wears off over time. It is a bit frustrating, but I am trying to listen to my body when it tells me to slow down. Easier said than done though!
My next appointment with my oncologist is on March 30th. At that point we will discuss my plan to go back to work.
It's hard to believe that life will soon go back to some sense of normalcy.
Love CJ
The last 5 are "boosts", which means that the radiation will only focus on the surgery site. This provides some additional "zapping" where the tumour used to be.
My skin is quite tender, so I will be happy when this is all over. However, the radiation will continue to do it's work even after the treatments have stopped. I am not sure how long after the radiation that I need to continue all of the special "rules" for taking care of my skin, but I will ask the doctor on Friday. Overall, things have gone quite smoothly.
Next are some weeks of rest to allow my body to recover from everything that it's been through. Right now I do tire very easily. I am hoping that the fatigue wears off over time. It is a bit frustrating, but I am trying to listen to my body when it tells me to slow down. Easier said than done though!
My next appointment with my oncologist is on March 30th. At that point we will discuss my plan to go back to work.
It's hard to believe that life will soon go back to some sense of normalcy.
Love CJ

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home