It's All About Me

Sunday, February 18, 2007

1 More to Go

Tuesday is my last power sunbathing appointment. I can't believe that 6 weeks has gone by so quickly.

The boosts have been going well. Pretty much the same as the other treatments, except the radiation is focused on the surgery site from 3 different angles.

I met with Dr. Perera on Friday so he could take a look at my skin. There are some areas that are starting to get mighty tender and downright painful. He gave me some antibiotic cream and some hydrocortisone cream to keep the itching at bay. Blistering may not be far off. Ouch!

As I expected, the skin will likely get worse before it gets better since the radiation will continue to work on the skin even after the treatments are over. The skin should calm down in about 3 weeks.

I have never been topless sunbathing, but I can tell you I have no future plans to after this experience!

Love CJ

1 Comments:

  • At 4:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Colleen,

    Selfishly, I read your blog regularly to see how you are doing yet rarely leave a message. Please know I think of you often. You and Kim are my inspiration.

    I hope your "burn" is feeling better with the creams.

    See you soon at yoga!
    Carla

     

Post a Comment

<< Home