Happy Valentine's Day!
Yesteday I finally made it back to yoga. Between appointments, sickness, etc. I haven't been able to make it in the last few weeks. I really missed it.
I was curious to find out how our classmate, Nancy was doing. Catherine, our yoga instructor, said that she passed away in mid-January.
Again, I didn't really know Nancy, but somehow at Wellspring you all become connected as cancer survivors. Nancy wasn't so lucky. I was disturbed to find out that Nancy originally had breast cancer and had been cancer free for years. In December she just thought she had pneumonia and the test results came back as terminal lung cancer. It was very sudden.
Even though I know that this cancer thing is serious, when I hear stories like this it really makes me think how lucky I am.
Now that the major treatments are coming to an end, it's time to do some life evaluation. Since my prognosis has always been good and everything has gone fairly smoothly, it's easy to put the seriousness of cancer out of my mind. But yesterday I realized that I'm going to have to deal with it some time.
On the bright side, today is Valentine's Day, I am happy and healthy, so let's make it a good day!
Enjoy everyone!
Love CJ
I was curious to find out how our classmate, Nancy was doing. Catherine, our yoga instructor, said that she passed away in mid-January.
Again, I didn't really know Nancy, but somehow at Wellspring you all become connected as cancer survivors. Nancy wasn't so lucky. I was disturbed to find out that Nancy originally had breast cancer and had been cancer free for years. In December she just thought she had pneumonia and the test results came back as terminal lung cancer. It was very sudden.
Even though I know that this cancer thing is serious, when I hear stories like this it really makes me think how lucky I am.
Now that the major treatments are coming to an end, it's time to do some life evaluation. Since my prognosis has always been good and everything has gone fairly smoothly, it's easy to put the seriousness of cancer out of my mind. But yesterday I realized that I'm going to have to deal with it some time.
On the bright side, today is Valentine's Day, I am happy and healthy, so let's make it a good day!
Enjoy everyone!
Love CJ

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home