That Time of Year
'Tis the season of sickness. Sydney is at home with me again this week with a case of strep throat (which the doctor is to confirm today). Her throat is very raw and sore and she's not eating much. We've been spending some quality time together.
Mom has been a big help because I get tired so easily. She comes over and watches Sydney while I have a nap each day. Miss Sydney decided yesterday that she wouldn't nap at all. I guess she doesn't yet understand that nap time is really Mommy time! Ha, ha.
The radiation burns have finally subsided in the last 2 days. Thank heavens. I was beginning to think they would never get better. The skin is still very tender but much more bearable.
I can see how they say you should have at least one week of rest per week of radiation (that's 6 for me). It's taken over 2 weeks for the burns to heal and I'm still very tired. Having Sydney home has shown me that I'm not even close to being ready to handling a full workload yet. I guess this will come in time.
Stay safe in this weather everyone!
Love CJ
Mom has been a big help because I get tired so easily. She comes over and watches Sydney while I have a nap each day. Miss Sydney decided yesterday that she wouldn't nap at all. I guess she doesn't yet understand that nap time is really Mommy time! Ha, ha.
The radiation burns have finally subsided in the last 2 days. Thank heavens. I was beginning to think they would never get better. The skin is still very tender but much more bearable.
I can see how they say you should have at least one week of rest per week of radiation (that's 6 for me). It's taken over 2 weeks for the burns to heal and I'm still very tired. Having Sydney home has shown me that I'm not even close to being ready to handling a full workload yet. I guess this will come in time.
Stay safe in this weather everyone!
Love CJ

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home