It's All About Me

Friday, March 09, 2007

'Tis the Season of Sickness - Part 2

Now that Sydney is on the mend, it's time for Mommy to get sick. I went to the doctor yesterday with a bad cough and apparently I have bronchitis.

I am on some heavy duty antibiotics and codeine cough syrup to keep the coughing at bay. Last night a fever started up so I added some ibuprofen to the mix. If I've learned anything over the last 10 months, I've learned that drugs are our friends!

I had to cancel my Herceptin appointment for today because of the bronchitis. I surely didn't want to infect anyone in the chemo suite. Hopefully it will be rescheduled for sometime next week.

I am lucky because my family doctor is married to my oncologist. Dr. Warsh called me today to check on my cough. He mentioned that Dr. Potvin reminded him that the Herceptin treatments can cause lung inflammation so just to be sure I have to go in for a chest x-ray.

I am hopeful that it's just bronchitis, but I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Such is the life of a cancer survivor. There's always something else to consider.

Have a good weekend everyone!

Love CJ

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home