Diagnosis Day
It just hit me this morning....one year ago I was sitting in my office when I received a call from my doctor that he needed me to come and see him as soon as possible. And I just knew.
Technically the date is April 28th, but last year that was a Friday.
It's amazing when these type of "anniversaries" creep up on you. I find that I'm reliving this day in my mind. But I have to say that I wouldn't change this past year.
I believe that everything happens for a reason. You may not always know what the reason is, but life just happens and you have to deal with it head on (well, let's face it, some days are better than others).
This journey has been a tough one, but worth every minute. I have a new appreciation for life, my family and my friends.
I am thankful to all of you for your support and encouragement. I couldn't have done it without all of you. So, having said that......
Let's party!
Love CJ
Technically the date is April 28th, but last year that was a Friday.
It's amazing when these type of "anniversaries" creep up on you. I find that I'm reliving this day in my mind. But I have to say that I wouldn't change this past year.
I believe that everything happens for a reason. You may not always know what the reason is, but life just happens and you have to deal with it head on (well, let's face it, some days are better than others).
This journey has been a tough one, but worth every minute. I have a new appreciation for life, my family and my friends.
I am thankful to all of you for your support and encouragement. I couldn't have done it without all of you. So, having said that......
Let's party!
Love CJ

1 Comments:
At 1:20 PM,
Little Maddy said…
Dearest Colleen:
My how time flies! I can't believe it's been a year since you were first diagnosed. It's also funny how you just knew it. I also knew ahead of time that something was terribly wrong with me. I agree. I know that you will never forget what you have gone through in the past year, but you wouldn't want to have changed it. I felt the same way. You're right, everything does happen for a reason, whether we know what that reason is or not. We just have to face our struggles head on and get through them the best we can with support and help from friends, family and loved ones. I know that your journey has been a tough one, but I am very happy to read that it was worth every minute, because it gave you a greater appreciation of life, family and friends. I went through the same thing. As tough as it was at the time, I came through it with a deeper and stronger spirituality and a stronger relationship with Dave. We have learned to just be grateful for our love for each other and our time together.
We love you sweetie, and we have been praying and routing for you every step of the way. You are always in our hearts, thoughts and prayers. We also pray that your blood is getting better, and that; you are feeling better with more energy, little by little. Hopefully, you will be feeling back to normal soon.
What was this about a party? Are we invited? We would love to come, but we will be at your celebration in spirit. Our best wishes and love to the three of you. Take care and God bless, sweetie.
All our love,
Big Dave and Little Maddy
Post a Comment
<< Home