Update
Without getting into a long-winded explanation, I was able to get in to see an oncologist this past Friday, Dr. Logan, to get a second opinion. My mother-in-law, Marilyn, knows her and spoke with her about my case with my permission while we were away in San Fran.
Dr. Logan believes that the low blood counts are due to a kick-back from my radiation and not from the Tamoxifen. I had my blood work done this week and my levels are starting to come back on their own. To confirm that it is the radiation, Dr. Logan has put me back on the Tamoxifen as of today. In three weeks, I will go back again for more blood work. If my levels are continuing to increase then it will confirm that it was a kick-back from the radiation and if they are going down again it will confirm thatTamoxifen is the culprit.
I have been feeling better, but I still tire very easily. With my low white cell count I have caught Sydney's cold and have lost a bit of my voice. I also still have a persistent cough that is getting better, but not completely gone yet. Dr. Logan figures it is a combination of having bronchitis, lung inflammation from radiation and my cold. If the cough hasn't stopped in 3 weeks we'll have to tackle that issue as well.
At this point I continue to wait until May 11th to find out what the next steps are. The good news is that if my blood levels were low because of the radiation I am probably over the worst of it and there won't be any more talk of further surgery.
Cross your fingers everyone.
We're looking forward to seeing everyone on the 28th.
Love CJ
Dr. Logan believes that the low blood counts are due to a kick-back from my radiation and not from the Tamoxifen. I had my blood work done this week and my levels are starting to come back on their own. To confirm that it is the radiation, Dr. Logan has put me back on the Tamoxifen as of today. In three weeks, I will go back again for more blood work. If my levels are continuing to increase then it will confirm that it was a kick-back from the radiation and if they are going down again it will confirm thatTamoxifen is the culprit.
I have been feeling better, but I still tire very easily. With my low white cell count I have caught Sydney's cold and have lost a bit of my voice. I also still have a persistent cough that is getting better, but not completely gone yet. Dr. Logan figures it is a combination of having bronchitis, lung inflammation from radiation and my cold. If the cough hasn't stopped in 3 weeks we'll have to tackle that issue as well.
At this point I continue to wait until May 11th to find out what the next steps are. The good news is that if my blood levels were low because of the radiation I am probably over the worst of it and there won't be any more talk of further surgery.
Cross your fingers everyone.
We're looking forward to seeing everyone on the 28th.
Love CJ

1 Comments:
At 1:39 PM,
Little Maddy said…
Dearest Colleen:
Thanks for the update, sweetie. We certainly will keep our fingers crossed that your low white blood cell and platelet counts are due to a kick-back from the radiation and not an adverse reaction to the Tamoxifen, so therefore; you won't need any more surgery. We will do you one better than that, and we will pray for you that this is the case, that your blood count continues to get better, and that; you won't need any further surgery. You have been through enough. God knows this and won't put you through more than you can bear. He also has a reason for everything that He has happen, even if we don't see it. We may see the reason for our suffering after we have gone through it and looked back, or maybe, not at all. I can also attest that God performs miracles. If it weren't for my faith in Him and all the prayerful support of friends, relatives and loved ones, I know that I wouldn't have survived my cancer two summers ago and wouldn't be here today. I also know that I went through that to strength my relationship with the Lord, as well as with my husband. Dave doesn't take me for granted any more.
We are sorry to read that you now have a cold and cough, and we pray that you will get over that quickly as well. It's hard to avoid germs and viruses with a child in daycare. Children can pick up any bug in daycare. Still, you need that break from Sydney, as wonderful as she is, to get the rest that you need right now. You just have to make sure to wash your hands, eat properly, get lots of rest, take vitamins and drink lots. We know that you are looking after yourself as best you can and, no matter how careful one is, one can still get sick, especially when one's immune system is up to par.
Hang in there, sweetie. It's been long enough. It has to get better soon. Good luck at your doctor's appointment on May 11th - your 16th anniversary. Hope and pray that it's good news, and that; your blood count continues to improve. Have a great time at your thank you party on April 25th, and don't worry about all the people coming. It is a come and go. There won't be that many people there all at the same time, we hope. Just relax and enjoy. I'm sure that you will get lots of help.
Take care and God bless, sweetie. You are always in our thoughts and prayers. Until next time,
All our love,
Big Dave and Little Maddy
Post a Comment
<< Home