It's All About Me

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Happy 3rd Birthday Sydney!

Today is Sydney's 3rd birthday, although she informed me that she's actually 4 today. Here is a photo below from her birthday party yesterday.


I am grateful that I was diagnosed just before her 2nd birthday as Sydney wasn't really completely aware of what was happening to Mommy. She's just getting to the age now where she is starting to worry about me and be concerned. I'm glad that the worst is behind me now and she won't really remember.

Most of you know that we decided to have Sydney after being married for 13 years. I guess there was a reason we waited so long to have her. It's much easier to go through something like cancer when you know you have a little one relying on you. It's very motivating and it keeps you from lying around feeling sorry for yourself (for the most part, anyway).

I've decided that today will be my last post to my blog. It's time to move on with the next chapter in my life.

I want to thank everyone, again, for all of their love and support. You have all helped me through a very difficult time in my life and I'll never forget it.

Several weeks ago I was at a party and a friend made a cake for us to celebrate. This pretty much sums up how I feel about the last year (see photo below).


Ass Kickin' Complete!

Love CJ

1 Comments:

  • At 3:31 PM, Blogger Little Maddy said…

    Dearest Colleen:

    Sydney is just too smart and adorable for words. Such a sweetie! God has a reason and time for everything. Sydney might not completely understand what happened to you, which is a good thing, but she is what got you through the cancer. There definitely was a reason why you and Sean waited so long to have Sydney. It is much easier going through cancer when you have a reason to fight and hope, such as wonderful and sweet Sydney. How could you not be motivated to fight and get better? Just look at that face! How could you not love that face?

    We are very happy that the worst is finally behind you, and that; you can get on with your life. Just don't overdo it and still look after yourself. Alright, once a mother, always a mother!

    I don't know how much we have done in the love and support department, other than praying for you, commenting in your blog and telephoning on a few occasions. We couldn't physically do much, but we were definitely supporting you spiritually with prayers.
    Colleen definitely did kick cancer's ass, and ass kicking complete. I love that! I didn't know cancer had an ass. Hardy har! Anyway, you are a very strong, wonderful, loving and caring woman with many, many people who love you. We are so happy that it is only uphill from hereon. Take care and God bless, sweetie.

    All our love,

    Big Dave and Little Maddy

     

Post a Comment

<< Home